اداره عمومی و سیاست.
- نقش علم برای اداره عمومی، ابزار، نقش و محدودیت
- تفکیک ارزش و فکت و همچنین اداره عمومی و خط مشی
- ماهیت اداره عمومی پاسخگو
- ارتباط نظریه دموکراسی اساسی با مطالعات خط مشی
Waldo would argue that public servants should become active, informed, politically savvy agents of change, whose mission is to improve the human condition and strengthen democracy.
In The Administrative State, and throughout his career, he advanced four central ideas:
• First, there is an intrinsic tension between democracy and bureaucracy that obliges career public servants to protect democratic principles.
• Second, the politics/administration dichotomy is false. Public servants hold political positions that require more than merely implementing policy set by elected officials.
• Third, public servants must negotiate efficiencies demanded by the scientific management movement with due process and public access to government.
• Finally, government cannot be run like a business. Honoring the Constitution and other democratic imperatives make managing a unit of the government far more challenging than a comparable private-sector organization.